LED-HDTV (KDL-65W850C) is Sony’s offer which is worth value with 1080p display and with 4K Technology. It appeals to those looking for the reliability of Sony processing while not paying up for 4K UHD resolution.
- Extraordinary clarity with X-Reality™ PRO enhancement.
- Bright LED with vivid color in a slim aluminum finish.
- Android TV with Google Cast™, voice search & Play Store apps.
- Stream PS3 games directly to your TV.
- Precise motion clarity with Motionflow-XR 960.
- Control your TV with your smartphone or tablet.
- Android gaming on the big screen.
- Just say what you want using voice search.
- Personal recommendations from Google Play.
The KDL-65W850C has a solid on-center picture quality, but does not include the Luminous Display nor Dynamic Range enhancements for a widened color gamut present on the higher end Sony’s. The color rendition is less accurate here than on top end Sony’s as a result but still realistic with plenty of pop especially when watching H.D programming. It might present somewhat grainy and dark with poorer quality DVD’s. The “effective” refresh rate on the W850C has doubled from last year. It’s got a true 120 Hz panel. Although this excellent TV has tons of great technology built in, it is not able to eliminate the Soap Opera effect (elimination of too much natural background blur) when de-juddering the picture image. It’s still best left Off for any kind of movies or TV show programming. I like it On for sports. This setting is on by default so you will need to go through and turn it off in the menu (in the Advanced picture settings) when you don’t want it on.
Though not a “buy for” feature, PS3 Games can be streamed directly to the TV. However Sony’s PlayStation Now service requires DUAL-SHOCK 4 controller, sold separately, and 5 Mbps Internet connection (5-12 Mbps recommended for the best quality experience). Additional purchases and registration required.